- Challenge yourself to reach new heights in a dynamic and varied flying role
- Full time position
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Mildura or Sydney base
At QantasLink, we connect Australia, from our beaches right through to the bush. As Australia’s largest regional airline we provide a vital link between 58 metropolitan and regional ports, operating over 2,000 flights each week across Australia.
At QantasLink, we’ve got some of the best flying you can do. We’re proud to represent regional Australia and be a part of its communities. By taking off from our capital cities and touching down in our regional ports we get the best of both worlds, experiencing the true beauty of our nation. At QantasLink, we’re one big family. Flying with QantasLink keeps us close to home, and that’s just the way we like it. We’re a loyal, close-knit team with years of experience between us.
At QantasLink, our fleet comprises some of the fastest turbo props flying regional Australia. Our modern fleet of Dash-8, Q400, 300 and 200 aircraft proudly service Regional Australia. Our turbo props bring Australia closer together, connecting regional locations with our capital cities. For our pilots this represents a unique flying experience. It’s challenging hands-on piloting, navigating our way from busy major airports into regional ports. As a QantasLink pilot, we’re serious about looking after our customers. When we take control in the flight deck we’re not in view of our customers, but they always remain at the forefront of our mind.
Alongside our commitment to safety, we do our best to see to our customers’ needs to make flying with us memorable.
You’ll have –
- Australian Air Transport Pilot Licence or Australian Commercial Pilot Licence with passes in all Australian ATPL Theory subjects (For international applicants please see http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm for licence information)
- English Language Proficiency Level 6 on your Licence
- Hold current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D on a current Australian Instrument Rating – Multi Engine Aeroplane (New Zealand applicants must have converted their licence/ratings to an Australian Licence/Rating prior to applying for a position)
- Total aeronautical experience of 700 hours or greater
- 250 hours or greater PIC of a multi-engine aeroplane (MEA) (excluding ICUS & SIM); or 250 hours or greater PIC of a single engine turbine aircraft greater than 3,400kg MTOW (excluding ICUS & SIM); or 250 hours or greater as a co-pilot in a multi-engine turbine, multi-crew aircraft (excluding ICUS & SIM)
- Current CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Be willing and able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) (effective 1st July 1997 under the Commonwealth Air Navigation Act, you are required to undertake extensive background and security checks, at your own expense, to establish your eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Hold a current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
If you’re up for achieving the impossible, register your interest and we’ll be in touch.